Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let the scabbies begin

As I expected Grey's cut had a lot of scabbies this morning. In my attempt to pluck off really loose ones I made the wound bleed. Well good blood flow is not a BAD thing. I sprayed more aluminum stuff on it. Grey doesn't like it, I think the aerosol makes it feel COLD as my finger tip was cold where I got a lot of backspray from the can. I put wonder dust on the oozing blood as I figured the spray would not stick.

I am toying with asking the girl to come out and ride Lady Paloma and/or ride her for 'exhibition' to potential places for nominal pay. Trying to decide what would be a sum to offer and so on. I feel that I really have to assemble the paperwork I have and see if I can get a brand inspection before I can make any kind of plans.

C offered me a possible out of taking Lady to AL to her SIL's place! Very sweet offer but I would want to have the kids try Lady here and see if they get along with her and even if they loved her and Lady loved them I hate the thought of sending her so far away, poor mare has had quite a lot of travel and changing 'homes' in her life already. Hopefully someone much closer will love the idea of a smooth riding trail horse. I don't think she is endurance fast (IMO she could be an LD finisher, not sure about 50's but not a front runner) but she could sure keep up with most trail riding groups, and perhaps I don't have a good feel for how fast she is going.

No comments: