Friday, November 19, 2010

TGIF

Except I have to get up tomorrow, hook up to my little trailer and take off at a somewhat early for me time - I should be rolling no later than 9 am. Yeah laugh, but I've been moving slow, especially in the mornings all week. I'm fetching two horses home. One is Paloma, the Paso Fino from Kansas. I feel badly that Barry's crusade to hurt the U.S. has hit the family that was leasing her so hard. Oh well we have enough hay I can feed her and perhaps I can find someone to come ride her occasionally since she is gaited. I'll have to carve out time to ride her a few times myself to assess what level experience she needs though.

I am actually excited to be fetching Sadie home --or I would be if I didn't feel so ass-dragging tired. I am looking forward to a little ride at the trainers to see how Ms Sadie feels and get input from the trainer. When I get those girls home I probably will not ride. I'll have to change Grey's bandage, the tape was somewhat in place yet this morning so I put an easy boot on and I won't try to mess with that before I go, I'm too slow in the mornings. Plus I'll have to get the girls set up with a water tank. I might take the one from AJ's pen since he shares the big tank. I probably will run the dogs with the car on saturday, must try to get through a car wash tonight, passenger window is so dirty I feel like I can barely see through it.

I got the mineral rights stuff divided up. Lawyer finally billed me, only $300.00, + $19.00 for filing fee in ND. I was worried they would pull a stunt like the rich OC person who posted that the DH's laywer/church friend way over-billed to tune of 5 figures after doing some work for them with no contract --and threatened to sue them when they didn't just pay the hyper inflated bill right away. I Hope the court gives that lawyer a fine instead of any settlement, but OC and especially her DH as she describes him seem quite snobby so I don't feel terribly badly for them like I would for just plain folks that a slimy excuse for a lawyer attempted to cheat in that way. Well I didn't expect the ND firm to try to bilk me, but I was nervous not knowing what it would cost and they had just done the work first rather than giving me an estimate and letting me authorize the work. I'm glad the bill was so reasonable.

friday night fun. As I check a few things to see about possibly launching jobs before leaving I find that there is limited space on the /pub disk. After perl jammer++ CF did rm -rf on /pub1/user he never removed the /pub/user area after the cp of all those directories to /pub1/user had finished and that is the critical disk that needed more space. I called the SA but he had a home repair situation so I had to call the CF and request him to do it --well I did say he could just give me the root password --but he didn't go for that. In the long run it is a good thing for me to not have any root access but tonight I would have felt safer doing things myself. Ah fun when co-workers have family stress.

The trainer emailed me and asked if I wanted to foster and/or adopt the 4.5 year old race horse rescue she has. Well at least I will be showing up with my excuse why I cant do it right now with Paloma. Last thing I would need is TWO young very green broke horses anyway. I like my horses spaced several years apart in age thank you very much.

No comments: