Thursday, January 26, 2012

listened to the debate tonight.

Romney: Geeze, get better on masscare/obamacare. If the SCOTUS does not take it out for us, and even if they do you need to get a lot more liberty oriented view on this. I thought you sounded decent otherwise.

Now practice with me:


I know that what works in one state is not the right solution everywhere and Masscare is not perfect.

I want to repeal Obamacare immediately and I want congress to replace it with a bill that allows a broad range of solutions to be applied across 50 states.

The ONE federal solution that makes sense is to allow all citizens to have an HSA and then buy a "major medical" policy across state lines that is exempted from any state regulations that all insurace policies cover the pet health project of that states legislature. Those state insurance rules don't make sense for a major medical, high deductible plan and THIS is a reasonable commerce clause item.

As president I would encourage states to experiment with subsidizing HSA debit cards and major medical policies for medicaid recipients. I do not subscribe to the belief that being poor means bureaucrats can manage your health better than you can.

Come on Mitt, you can do it.

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

I just heard that a second source in the romney campaign has confirmed that he wants to change obamacare into romneycare.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, and people wonder why I will not support him.

We are boned.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Yeah, we are probably boned. Should have been Mitt in 2008. Closer race, we might have held a couple more senate seats. Seems like a lot of young conservative talent is coming up but what a lean group this year and the better options IMO were not able to look good enough on TV in the stupid early debates.

I hope the anti-Obama sentiment will rule though. If we don't turn out this corrupt administration I fear that things are going to go to shit very fast.