Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I want my youthful cast iron stomach back.

Last 2 days I have had a sore stomach in the afternoon. Its not like a typical upset feeling stomach, feels more like the muscles in the abdomen are sore but I sure haven't done any marathon sit-up sessions or anything. Did feel better last night after I took gas-X when I got home so I guess I'm getting some kind of bloating/gas from something, and feeling the pressure of the bloating. Not too likely to be from coffee since I don't notice it when I have my morning coffee. Yesterday I made the mistake of trying to munch on various stuff thinking sugar or yogurt or XXX might settle my stomach. Tomorrow I must remember to bring some gas-X to work. Hopefully this is a temporary thing, maybe from the black cohosh capsules I have been taking? I'm not really eating any different foods than my normal.

I'm not going to stop the cohosh right away because I have been feeling less moody. The stomach flora should be able to adjust, if not I guess I'll have to go to either a regular dr or naturopath and get some professional advise on balancing the hormones. I don't feel like I can function at a professional level when I alternate between wanting to rip someone's head off and feeling weepy over some tiny tiny little thing so the hormones have got to be tamed somehow or other. Hopefully in a way that resets my metabolism/appetite as well so I stop gaining weight like I want to become a sumo wrestler.

I should probably try the modified Atkins thing again. Last time I tried to go on it I felt like I couldn't stand not having some carbs at breakfast but before that it really worked pretty well for me, only having carbs at one meal a day and having eggs for breakfast and salad or just veggies and lean meat for lunch. Or perhaps the WW online would work better for me now and not drive me crazy with crashing the web browser and being difficult to look up points etc. I really liked the carb addicts diet though because I didn't have to keep track of points or calories, and I could eat anything as long as it was at the one meal per day with carbs so I only ever had to tell myself "wait", never "no don't eat that"

*postscript -- black cohosh side effect can include weight gain. OK, that + its old and I am having this bloated feeling within a few days of starting to take it. I'm going to toss it. I'll try some of my other old herbs. Maybe I'll try some of the products/herbs that are supposed to stimulate and or balance my own hormone production soon. But I tend to be skeptical of new stuff that has not been being used for ages because it works.

No comments: