Saturday, March 1, 2008

Too warm today but a nice ride

I rode Shade about 10 miles today. Whew it got hot on our way home. I had on a turtleneck and mid weight breeches and I decided I wanted to stop and get some water on my neckerchief. Shade got some water on her neck too. Then I let her eat hay outside Sadie and CJ's pen when we got home and sponged her with water I left out before we took off. It was not warm but not as cold as from the hydrant and the weather was warm enough that Shade was content to stand munching and getting sponged. She usually moves off when I think I should sponge her. That was the good part of the day.

I twisted mom's arm to get up and pull me to start the tractor and still couldn't get it going! I dont know what I'm not doing correct, I have started cars that way and dad can get the tractor going when I pull it in the p/u but he had to go in to work after only getting home yesterday evening. Stupid Navajo, stupid tractor, stupid me for not making dad tell me exactly what he does to get the tractor to start when pulling it. I opened the gates bewteen Sadies pen and Shades and the one to Cindy's pen so those 6 horse all had some fun running around and eating leftover hay. I cleaned a cartload, some from Shades and mostly from Cindys, which barely made a dent in Cindys that has been frozen, yuck and a cartload from Sadies pen and then was tired and never got back to cleaning after taking a break. At least its was not too hard to sort the horses back out when I fed about 5:30. I should do something productive now but need more tea or something first.

No comments: