Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday.

And it was beautiful again this morning. I didn't ride, tried w/o success to load Sadie. I need to work on her leading, AND it will help to mess with this when she isn't thirsty and IS really motivated to work for a cookie. Then I took the dogs for a run. I feel so lazy taking the car but it just works so much better to haul Mia to a staring point and that way Ole gets to RUN. I walk a ways towards home to get Mia started, then go back and get the car. I wish Mia would just follow me to the corner and take herself home when I ride. She does it once in a great while but usually thinks she has to stay behind. Silly dog. Ole never thinks that way. He is getting to be a pretty loyal guard dog though. If Mia barks her 'intruders' bark at night or Ole hears something himself he has to go out and help her and I got tired of letting him out multiple times so I just leave him out anymore. He just snuggles between Mia & the house on her bed overnight and I guess he stays warm enough. He is in good weight. He never barks to come in. Mia will bark if she is out of food or its snowing and she figures she doesn't need to stay out and get wet. "I" can't tell the difference between her barks other than Ole doesn't react to the "I need food or to come in ones" only to the "intruder alert" barking. Horses are shedding I guess I can have a currying party this weekend.

No comments: