Tuesday, March 25, 2008

back to ride journaling

I am just loving riding Shade this year. Today I used the LJ and just felt like I was so in balance and in tune with her. She is a smooth ride. If she were a solid, maintain the gait you've been put in, never shy type of horse anyone would love her. But since she likes to keep my seat honest by doing the occasional bouncy stop/slow down, or sidejump, or sometimes a full stop/180 move I suspect most folks would dis-like the ride. But hey, I sit in front of a computer over 40 hrs a week. I enjoy riding my spicy girl. If I worked at it I could probably cut her 'AY-RAB' moves by 90% or more but as long as she is not doing things that would be dangerous to me like bolting its more fun just to laugh it off and enjoy the ride. I rode 5.5 miles today and had a big grin the entire way.

No comments: