Friday, March 21, 2008

Boy do I feel dumb

I had spotted an ad on craigslist for a 2.25 acre place for only 169K. Which I could just barely manage a mortgage for that if I put a down payment that would leave me some savings cushion. I couldn't believe such a deal, close to a trail corridor, an endurance buddy lives there, has a boarding operation and hosts a ride twice a year so I'm familiar with the spot, and this is no appeal to me but its just a mile or less from a golf course ..... Today I clicked on the ad again, and I'm reading it and it says "this LAND includes outbuildings, parking pad, fenced, trees, ..... and went "uh oh, I think this is a REALLY $$$$ LOT, not a cheap price for a dilapidated small house on a couple acres." Google and yahoo maps are far from perfect but I don't see a house on the arrow for that address (link included in ad) so I emailed the seller just to make sure. It is hugely pricey for just a lot, they are selling bigger lots in what I think are better ($$$) areas for 1/2 that, but it is very close to a main road. So now I'm pretty sure that I am not going to have to decide if I should move ---except I saw an ad for 1 acre in Fort Lupton. Probably no riding access and not nearly the potential to appreciate and only 9K less asking price. I did broach the idea of becoming a co-owner to mom this morning. She was sick (of course) and didn't want to do anything but watch march madness and I'm not sure I want to commit to staying with them but whereas I used to feel like paying rent to the parents was keeping the money in the family and win/win since I wouldn't have to beggar my lifestyle to a house and they obviously get more money to enjoy life and build up their savings etc and I'll inherit their equity in the house eventually (they have their house in ND on 25 acres to sis and some cd's if mom has not spent them yet to my bro) ... lately I just feel like long term subletting space from them is just going to put $$ into the medical industry before the government has to take over paying for care. SIGH. I guess I should keep my eyes out for good deals and get to work on my land in WY.

No comments: