Tuesday, March 4, 2008

whee, windy ride today,






It was calm when we started but the wind really picked up. Shade was dodging tumbleweeds. Silly mare, I have ridden her through/over some in the past to remind her they are not monsters but today I just focused on being centered and having lots of leg contact so the suede full seat breeches on suede LJ would keep me on I started with a windbreaker over a sweatshirt and took off the jacket as I was plenty warm, then I got a bit chilled mid-ride and while we were walking the last 1/2 mile home I put it back on. Shade snorted a bit at that but I knew she was fooling and told her so; she's had plenty of jackets, ponchos etc flapping in the breeze on her back, we DO live on the windy high plains with chinook and other wind effects off the foothills. Belated photos from Feb 23 or 24. Shade's rolling sequence after a nice weekend ride.

No comments: