Friday, March 28, 2008

Baby pictures and I get to nurture.



No more foals for me, but sis in ND bred her sorrel paint mare to a black and white paint stud. The little nibbler looks just like her mom. I need an updated picture, she's still got a bit of wobbly ankles in this first day pic. And in other news: Mom asked me this morning if she could borrow my trailer to run to T's place. --T is the breeder that she and V got their mini's from. Then announced that the reason to run over there is that T's partner has a TB there and apparently V feels that T wont feed it enough to keep it from starving. --well TB metabolism vs mini's he probably cant adjust even watching the horse get thin. So I said, well we are good at fattening up horses. (the hard part for us is not getting easy keepers too fat) I've been worrying about AJ, moms TB lately--he looks so thin behind his withers but today I decided he's just losing muscle there, I checked him thoroughly and he has really good flesh cover over his ribs, flanks and tail head, and he's always had prominent withers and 'skinny shoulders'. So now we'll have a horse that really DOES need some extra groceries for a while and I can get my 'nurturing fix'. It is really satisfying to get an underweight horse sleek and sassy.

No comments: