Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wake UP T,

Sheesh, I even slept fine last night. Delayed reaction to my toss and turn night a few days ago I guess. But must perk up and get to the bottom of some things. Dang it I, I do NOT recall asking for more interesting times wrt to work. Now I have to run MORE comparisons trying to sort things out. I just want to be able to say " Eureka, I came up with something good, keep me employed" without all this hair tearing, why am I seeing THIS? to be sorted out first.

But I rode this morning. Went west and rode a mile south thru the CRP section and back and then went a mile north down the dumped junk road and back. It was a good change up. I don't like to go west because the CRP is full of gopher tunnels and not a good hard track to stay safe on and I hate all the looky loo behavior going thru the junk but today I decided I should ride that way periodically to break up the routine and work on my weak area. Its really time I was able to say "yes I see the junk too, its no biggie lets continue working" And with that mindset and having 'warmed up' by riding the CRP first Shade did do much much better about keeping pace for me. -5 miles for my conditioning log.

I 'had' to make a quick batch of flax cookies this morning so I could give Shade her due portion of treats. Never start giving your horse homemade goodies --it ruins them for thinking the feed store horse treats are special. I quit baking years ago because I sure didn't need the extra calories and I didn't enjoy it, but these are not too bad since I don't mess with baking soda or any other rising agent, and can just rough measure my flax,bran,flour,sugar,oil and molasses amounts. + I don't have to time them since I want them to get dried out and crispy so they'll keep and be better for the critters' teeth.

No comments: