Monday, July 1, 2013

Trivial vent

my horse forums recently did an upgrade and making a Wii style avatar is one of the new options.   I am a little creeped out by the cartoon heads that a handful of folks made for themselves.  If it was that or the butt ugly default image I'd make myself a cartoon too, but the forum hosting site still allows linking to a small image from a photo host site like flickr and if you don't want your image on the net you can post a pic of your horse or some flowers or something.

It is ridiculously trivial of me and I don't even know why the cartoon heads bug me, maybe its the big eyes, maybe its just the notion of creating a cartoon to represent ones self instead of using a picture of some real thing in your life; but I know it really is no skin off my nose if someone else wants to do that.   But that is one of the reasons I have my blog, so I can vent about stuff that bugs me but I can't put it on a forum cuz it would hurt someone's feelings for no good reason. 

No comments: