Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hay stacking done and rode Sharptail yesterday, 11 miles

YAY!  got the last of the hay moved so that the stack mover can get in and set the 160 bale stacks in the shed.   Nothing like moving hay by hand to make a person appreciate machinery. 

The endurance person canceled on me for Friday,  her daughter 'had to get a medical procedure.'  But dad went with me and we had a pretty fun ride.   Sadie led the way most of the day but having RazzMo along boosted her confidence quite a bit.  Razz led the way a couple of short stretches and he did fine so that boosts my confidence that I could haul with dad to introduce Sadie to new stuff and Razz can lead if Sadie is getting overwhelmed -as long as its not water crossings.    It was not as scenic as  the poker ride (last loop of LD) at Shamrock but it was a good day.  

I got off and led through some technical sections that went over slick rock.   Sadie was eyeballing boulders as we passed a few and I didn't want her doing a green horse move and slipping on the rock or otherwise getting into a bad situation.   Distance was about 11 miles.  Sadie trotted just a bit,  and then we would wait for Razz,  I was just seeing if she felt bold enough to trot and she did.  

No comments: