Sunday, July 14, 2013

2 miles saturday, 8 today

Saturday it felt to hot and muggy to ride by the time I got myself ready so I punted till late afternoon thinking the clouds and breeze would be nice.   But the monsoon generated a thunderstorm and the lightning was getting a little too close so I turned back.  It was good exposure for Sadie.

Today it was a wonderful morning.  Stayed cooler and breezy.  Went 8 miles, 3 trotting and cantering in the summer fallow field.   Sadie is a lot of fun this year.  Its wonderful, just 12.5 months ago I was in despair that she'd never trust me and I'd have to see if Jo would find her a new home with someone she was willing to trust.    Horses are so forgiving.  

Ole dog has been so good this summer.   Last night when I went out he came along even though thunder makes him very nervous.   Today he came along but played in the prairie dog town while I went on a longer ride,  came running when I was headed back and calling for him.  I love that he has figured out he should stay north of the highway and I can ride a few miles in the summer fallow field w/o him.  

No comments: