Sunday, June 30, 2013

6 miles today

I had hoped to go farther and L was actually perfectly willing but it was so invitingly cool that Ole had come along and was not just going to hang at the irrigation ditch so *I* cut things short when we were in the big field I rode around yesterday and suggested we needed to double back to the dog.  Then we did take the north 1/2 mile bit and went by the road machinery, they were taking the day off so it was fairly tame for the horses but this was good for boosting L's confidence so I think she'll be more on board for longer rides from home into new spots going forward.  We did double back down that hill to fetch Ole as he had found someone's discarded lunch or something and then was snooping around that spot looking for more and not coming and I didn't want to chance him trying to play with other dogs out for a walk or in their own yards instead of heading home on his own, want to keep the neighbors happy.  So only about 27 miles this week counting from Mon-Sunday.  

Trying to remind myself that exercising often is the current big thing in endurance so taking 5 rides to rack up a decent weekly total is not so bad but I need to get some 3 to 4 hour rides that include trotting and canter in to feel like Sadie is ready for an AERC LD plus have exposed her to more of the stuff we'll see on the rides so that I can have confidence I won't have to get off and lead her half the last loop if we end up by ourselves vs able to tag along with a horse or small group.

No comments: