Thursday, June 20, 2013

A litte over 5 miles today. Kept a good pace.

I really should find an old notebook to be Sadie's training log but this is better than nothing.   I skipped riding yesterday, it felt hot and muggy so instead of riding I  set up fly bait stations because I've been seeing flies on the horses.  I  also sprayed Grey and Shade down pretty good and hit Sadie with a good dose of the Rio Vista which has not been doing much to deter the flies.    I have gone some years almost until August before breaking out fly bait, but I'm not sure if the flies are that much thicker or if its just that they think Sadie is a prime landing spot and with her skin allergy scare last year I am hyper alert to every bug and bug bite on her.

Today I went just over 5 miles with Sadie.   It was much nicer than yesterday,  Ole came along and probably went 4 miles.  He was feeling good and enjoying being able to hop in the irrigation ditch to cool off.    I asked Sadie to maintain a steady trot quite a bit today and she obliged.   She is coming on great.   We did the sandy hill just twice as Ole was not lagging much at all. 

No comments: