Friday, June 14, 2013

Well I'm riding Sadie more often, now need to add in more longer rides

I loaded her in the little trailer today.   She was pretty nervous.  I am half tempted to cart Grey Moun to the trailhead tomorrow just as a mellow hauling buddy in the trailer.   But I don't like leaving a horse tied at the trailer while I'm off riding so I think Sadie will just have to deal with being hauled by herself when I go meet the endurance gurus that graciously agreed to babysit her tomorrow for a trail ride.

I rode her Th-Sunday last week and Tues, Thurs, Friday so far this week and the frequency and having higher expectations instead of babying her is showing results.   One silver lining to Shade being lame.  I sure hope Shade gets good relief with the previcoxx though.   Yesterday I thought she was walking better but today it looked like she is scuffing the outside of her hoof again.

   I need to soak that foot overnight with wet cotton in an easyboot and do more rasping to even it up.  Farrier isn't scheduled until the 24th and I need to keep that foot balanced.   I was thinking about trying to keep it in a pressure wrap for a month and I still think that it might be helpful if I could stabilize the knee for a good length of time - but my initial wrap job was sliding down after just two days and I don't want to bow a tendon trying to help her knee and the hot weather is not helpful in keeping a wrap on so I shelved that thought for now. 

No comments: