Thursday, June 27, 2013

Only about 4 miles today.

Maybe I should go ahead and put Lady on the Chaste berry herb I got a few weeks ago and then decided she didn't need.   Maybe I should have chiro out for her too.  She probably buggered herself up a little bit when she set back and cut my finger memorial day.   I have had little sympathy for the little idiot but last year she was a help to keep Shade motivated and now she is holding Sadie back.   I need to fix things so that having L come out and ride Lady is not "oh shoot, we have to limit the ride today."  and I think there is little bit of Lady component to that and its not just L being wimpier than last year and the year before.

jingling curb chains that I can meet up with an endurance person on July 5th for a training ride.   L is tentatively on board to go to Aurora where we rode last fall this saturday.  I'm hoping there is some water to cross on that trail and it would be good tree work for Sadie if L/Lady don't go all jumpy on me.   L is remembering how well Lady did there just last fall so it might be a good ride for her to get some groove back on Lady and Sadie has been there before so she should be pretty solid even if Lady is not as bold as she was last fall. 

I'm sort of wanting to offer to meet up with an internet person that doesn't have a trailer.  I had thought I could get a solid lead horse out of the part draft or could put this fearless girl on Lady and have a great lead horse for Sadie --and maybe I still would but its a teen rider.  Last year I thought she was completely fearless,  she was riding bareback all the time and the draft goes through water going to and from his pasture to the barn and loves water anyway....

 But just a couple days ago her mom posted that she is having some jitters this year so if I go, I'll take Grey to ride and Lady for the mom or brother  or I'll just ride Lady and I'll be the lead horse and need to do it just to be nice and not have any resentments if there is no confidence bounce where I get a solid riding partner to go out with me and Sadie. 

No comments: