Monday, June 24, 2013

farrier work today so no riding

I figured I would skip shoes because Sadie's hoof wall is kind of thin.  Picked D's brain about it anyway.  He said he'd probably have to use race nails because her wall is thin or maybe skip where the normal third nail goes and nail closer to the heel --he said that would stop the flaring and also limit the flexing of the hoof.  I  do not want to limit flexing on the hoof, what I have read is that flexing is a big part of their shock absorption.   Its a reason I prefer shoes is I feel like the hoof boots must by their design limit the flexing more than ideal whereas a normally applied shoe won't do that, but I would worry that a shoe nailed closer to the heel on both the inside and outside hoof wall would limit flexing and at least with a boot that flexing is unaffected when the boot is off.

I am having a hard time with early afternoons at work feeling sleepy.  I need to start making a do list every night so I have projects in mind, maybe that will get the juices flowing.  

No comments: