Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sadie's training log

Lets see.   I rode TH-Sunday last week 4 or 5 miles each ride.   Then Tues, Thur, Friday this week 4-5 miles each ride  --riding at home pretty flat.    Today I hauled her out and gracious endurance mentors in the area babysat her through a foothills trail ride with trees and stuff.   8 miles, 2.5 hours riding time,  a bit over 3 hours total.    She loaded w/o much fuss and was wonderfully calm riding in the trailer.  

Behaved pretty well,  a couple times she went in front on open stretches but she was skeered when the trail went back into trees and had to have another horse lead the way then.   We all dismounted and led quite a ways down a rocky section of trail and Sadie was quite good about not crowding me,  a couple times she went off trail looking for grass or to take a shortcut but overall very nice, its something the trainer who started did with her a little bit but I have only ever led her a short ways when something was scary so I was very pleased that she was so good, did not get ancy when the pair in front was walking faster than me and so on.   

No comments: