Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two days off in a row for my chunky monkey.

And I have not heard any more for the endurance group on FB about plans to ride this Saturday.   I hope that does not fall through,  I really need to make some connections to some ride buddies so I'll get my greenie out and about and so on.   I've been too much of a slug when I should have been riding her and hooking up during off season when more folks would be content to go slow. 

I had the thought that when I had Grey Moun I would often ride him 10-14 miles in the morning before heading to work.   That slipped some with Shade, didn't have as good options to make longer loops from home at the new place etc.  Now I have a horse that I think is a better raw athlete and it took me riding 6 out of 7 days to get in a 30 mile week on her.   I've got to do better than that. 

No comments: