Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Two appointments down in 2 days

I do need to call the brand inspector today, and put more minutes on my phone. But success. I called my chiro and they had an appt open this morning. Then I called my HMO yesterday and they got me an eye dr appt the same day. I was surprised, my memory is of taking a month to get eye dr. appts. I also noticed no other cars in the chiro's lot this morning. That is also a bit unusual. I am a bit worried that both of these places seemed less busy than what I remember as their normals. Are people dropping insurance due to higher co-pays, thanks DNC :( and not seeing a chiro cuz their insurance dropped it --due to needing to pare back things not mandated by OhBummer care to keep their rates from absolutely sky rocketing? I do not understand the chiro thing personally. Perhaps I am very blessed but monthly chiro visits keep me happy and with my initial set I had 3 visits in one week and then I went a week, 2 weeks, till I was at the monthly point, and I do NOT understand not setting aside or finding this amount of $ if chiropractic makes one feel better.

My annual chiro bill could be made up by saving 3 gals of gas a week (2 if gas goes to $4 again) or 2.5 lattes a week. I cut back my latte consumption about a year before I started going to the chiro from about 3/week to 3/month IIRC but I do not believe people cant find $10 a week to pay for chiro if it makes them feel better. Either they were going to chiro for very little benefit because it was only costing them a bit of time or they are not making rational life choices based on what will really make them feel better or not. Is a new outfit or the mild buzz of indulging oneself with a fancy coffee drink 2-3 times per week improving your quality of life more than periodic chiro visits? For me chiro wins that comparison. My neck and somewhat my back get pretty ouchy if I skip chiro for a month or 2. Last winter I thought I didn't need chiro when I wasn't riding and this year I skipped a month because of the sinus infection and both times my body got unhappy. And in fact for me I probably save at least 25% of that chiro cost just by taking less NSAIDS (naproxin sodium or ibuprofen)

No comments: