Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy surprise check and disappointing royalty check

Yesterday I got a check from the IRS. No explanation but I guess I bungled my 1040 and overpaid a bit. Today is oil royalty check day. Check is half of last months amount. I did experience a few minutes of feeling bummed and whiny before reminding myself I should appreciate getting any amount of free money. But I guess I had better not rely on oil royalties as something that will grow as fast as inflation. I'll find out this summer if weather was limiting production or if the wells on that section? of land are becoming depleted.

I am feeling that the tea party and ad hoc conservative efforts will not be enough in time to save the U.S. from the entitlement and debt crisis fiscal meltdowns. So I must get with the program to develop my land in WY before the savings to do that will only buy a few gallons of gas or whatever. At least I did enjoy the last two years of enjoying my horses instead of taking time away from that to work on the property and the housing bubble deflation effects and recession --thanks DEMS :( have limited inflation temporarily.

No comments: