Thursday, March 24, 2011

anti-social lately

I am not an anti-social hermit type person. I don't handle large groups of people well but have always enjoyed being in a small group. But I got out of the habit of going to lunch at work when I could not take the liberal speak for much more. Instead I turned to bb's and blogs on the web. Well lately it seems that I go to the web looking for some diversion or company and find I cannot even bring myself to open many bb threads. I am on FB with not a large # of 'friends' but have 'hidden' posts from two of them because I don't want to be reminded that they believe the Spew from the MarxSpewMedia. Click on blogs that I have liked and don't even want to read them today.

This is all good if we enter into serious DOOM I guess--except that I am in a phase of wanting to find at least internet company but not enjoying any that I'm finding, perhaps it can evolve to just enjoying my own company -- I need to stock up on reading material and try to develop some useful hobbies to fill time.

What a pity I don't like to shoot, but I wonder if I could not get into reloading anyway. I don't think I can overcome my dislike for the noise + general lack of hand/eye coordination to actually ever make target shooting into a hobby. I should force myself to take hunters safety and some basic classes and practice a bit just so I can deal with a situation if I need to though.

No comments: