Friday, March 18, 2011

Blaarrghh

I've had a stiff neck, more like soreness in the muscle? cords that come up the back on one's head pretty much all day. With a bit of sinus pressure off and on, more on since 5 pm. I have been waiting to see if I'm really cured before canceling my ENT appt on april 12th and its not looking good to cancel it. Although more non-sinus headaches than sinus issues so not sure that an ENT will be terribly useful. Still since my primary care doc ducked out on attacking the sinus thing and I don't have any great faith that I have enough allergy issues to explain the sinus pressure which does seem like its creeping back I will not cancel the appt at least for a while. It is full tree blooming season -- I have noticed extra stuffiness etc in past years but not sinus/facial pressure. Of course I am tuned into the pressure this year after having the infection creep back after the first round of antibiotics did not quite kill it off way back in january.

I was hoping the chiro visit would be more helpful, I may have to voice the neck/back of head issues and possibly go through the discomfort of a full on neck adjustment. I am glad that I only had the one from Dr W when I first started going and then he switched to muscle work but that temporary discomfort cleared up the chronic neck pain I had been having at work --if the neck bones are too out of whack again they may need to be yanked back into order.

Of course it did not help anything that Ole had to go run off coyotes last night at 4:10 am and then dinked around for 2 HOURS before he came up to the door to come back in. But still I do not recall having headaches all day when I've missed sleep before. I feel tired and maybe a bit head-achey but I do not recall it being like this. I took a picture of him lazing on my bed this morning after I had been up for 90 minutes to feed the horses etc. I'll have to post it when I get home or tomorrow. The evil cur looks like he is wondering why I am disturbing his needed sleep. I have totally quit letting him out for anything other than BEING frantic that he has to run coyotes off for Mia and *I* hear Mia barking and fussing myself. I'm almost at the point of ignoring even that --let Ole convince dad to let him out or not get out at all. Its not like we have chickens, or goats or like Mia is small enough to be a coyote target herself so when Ole cannot just run the varmits off our little acreage and then come right back but instead trails after them for over 100 minutes barking away I am really not into that. The rabbits, and even neighborhood fowl and small stock can depend on good fencing and their owner's providing protection. I need to get my sleep so I can function.

No comments: