Saturday, March 12, 2011

A couple happy hours today

I rode Shade this afternoon. Call it a couple hours with brushing --shedding season is well started, and giving her an adequan shot. I am not getting them done every month, but she is not in much work so I don't think the fetlock is bothering her anyway.

Otherwise I have just been depressing myself following the situation in Japan on the web. I've been mostly caught up in the nuclear power plant issues. I don't know that I could stand to really read and think about all the devastation from the eathquake and tsunami. Much easier emotionally to follow them trying to prevent a much smaller catastrophe with the nuclear reactors, even with the frustration of a few people going ZOMG radiation could hit the west coast. Uh yeah sure, but it would be so diluted by then it would be barely detectable, probably less exposure than sleeping one night in a basement in an area with radon, or iow less cancer risk than smoking 2 packs of cigarettes.

No comments: