Monday, March 29, 2010

Willing spirt, weak flesh .

Actually that seems backwards, I wasn't physically hindered from friday goals, I just gave in to temptation to browse my usual web sites on sunday rather than reading/reviewing the science paper. I did start the paper at least.

I stacked some hay on saturday, We didn't get any rain but it was windy, and it was a cold old wind, spit just a bit of sleet for 2 minutes as I finished walking the dogs saturday morning and got the horses their grain. I read through to chap 37 in the KingofOne online novel - I was trying to talk myself into spreading the reading out but I just kept going back until I was out of chapters.

I'm wondering if the writer will take a break at this point. Many of his chapters were cliff hangers. This one could be an End of book 1 chapter if the final novel gets written that way. I will probably try to wait until he has several more chapters if he/she continues writing because I prefer to read that way. At this point I can think about the direction I would take the story if I were writing it. There is a bit of temptation to share my idea but I don't want to distract with tangents if the author has a vision of where they are going.

I had a decent ride sunday on Shade. 7 miles. I really need to be riding 15-20 miles sessions SOON to prep for the early ride season I want to have, but it was a fun ride and that is the key thing right now. Cindy got a good curry session too, I cleaned up the paddock a bit, where it was wet and mushy after last weeks wet weather and moved AJ's feeder, so he wont be standing in his deep wet spot. I'll clean it sometime but it was too wet and heavy to mess with this weekend, and at SOME point his actual owner needs to start dragging herself out to do that stuff. She thinks she picked up a virus, probably did since her immune system took such a beating trying to fight the infection? before she finally convinced oral surgeon to pull the troublesome implants and she did have a bounce for about a week after the implants were gone.

No comments: