Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trying to drop my holiday weight gain

I talked to D last night. She is all excited, a friend of hers she met online has asked D to be a bridesmaid. The wedding will be in Florida in April 2011. D is using the excitement to push herself fitness wise. I was inspired by that to take an extra long walk with the dogs this morning. Kept Mia in the car until I parked it so she'd go farther and while Mia was dinking around heading out I did a bunch of bent knee 'marching' to get some toning going and did some arm movements too. I cherish that I at least have the illusion that no one sees me doing silly stuff like that. Shrug if anyone did see, I'm trying to exercise the dogs so they'll better neighbors but it won't happen if I cant multitask it with something else I want to do.

I took a short walk at work today too. Maybe I can get that to be a habit, I know it can only help to get the blood flowing again later in my day. Tomorrow I will ride in the morning so the office break would be my only exercise. I must remember to call my mechanic and get an appointment for my car's service. The service engine light has been on for ages but it seems to come on a few hundred miles before every oil change is due so I have started to just ignore it. But it will be at the 100,000 mile point so I'm sure the car is actually due for something beyond the routine oil change.

I don't think it will amount to anything but we have snow forecast for friday and early next week so I am again putting off even emailing to set up riding dates. I'm a big weenie for towing if it might be icy and don't want to make plans just to cancel them. But I should contact L, she might be up for a shine and shine only meet and ride at Chatfield.

No comments: