Monday, March 8, 2010

Rode 7 miles yesterday

I suppose I should thank Ole. I had wanted to add some mileage instead of going home after getting to a corner of a 3.5 mile loop but I thought Ole was shortcutting for home and I needed to make sure he went straight home. Well Ole had not taken a shortcut for home and I ended up repeating my whole loop looking for him. Never did see him, but I saw the deer/elk? leg bone he left about 0.4 miles from home and then he was at the gate when I was putting Shade away so at least he wasn't pestering someone in the subdivision and I didn't have to drive around looking for him.

I had a quick break, then I grabbed a lead and walked Ole back to fetch the leg. I felt that it had caused me so much anxiety that I was going to make Ole bring it all the way home. He got most of the way home and went in the ditch to chew on it and really thought he was going to ignore me but I yanked on the lead and made him get moving again, jogging behind him yelling 'ignore the burn, dont be a wussy boy .....' I needed some comic relief playing snarly football coach for a minute.

Finally located my scale --I had left it in the porch after weighing some hay bales last summer. Dad told me where it was after I had gone looking for it in the garage last night. Ugh 12 lbs up from where I was maintaining w/o having to fight any last summer. Going to take several weeks to get all that off, so time to take the dogs for a misty walk to aid in the flab be gone efforts.

No comments: