Monday, January 24, 2011

No, the Sinus Infection was not retreating

**UPDATE*** HMO gave me 2 weeks of doxycycline. If I am not feeling much better by next monday I think I get a bottle of SMZs from the vets office to have available. I shouldn't be so quickly ready to self-treat, especially with my low co-pay but it wont hurt to have some reserves in case oh-bummer care is not repealed and the commies succeed in crashing the county. I wish they could all be exported to cuba, USSR or Venazuela. Oh I care less how its spelled. Its being ruined by its commie ruler.

Sunday I didn't take any acetaminophen during the day, maybe it would have helped but probably not -- I wasn't hurting at the time. But sinus pain at 2 am, take 2 caplets, hot pack and ice until pain recedes than back to bed. 6 am -- take 1 naproxen instead otherwise repeat. 8 am Not full blown pain but there. 1 acetminophen. Tea, toast, look at internet, feed horses --then take another acetaminophen caplet shortly after 9. Perhaps I should do the hot and icing even though the pain is not intense but I hate to do that. I called the dr's office and am waiting on a call back.

2011 crystal ball sucks every bit as bad as 2010's did. I should have called the dr. and persuaded her to extend the AB's two weeks ago when it had set the infection way back but not gotten rid of it instead of hoping my immune system could clear up the remnants on its own. RIght now I just want to wallow in self-pity instead of dealing with things and moving forward. Well I can wallow some and still move forward I guess. I will move forward --I cannot continue in this state. I'll get some SMZ tablets from my vet "for Grey Moun, cuz he wont eat the powder" --which is actually true; if the HMO does not come through but I'm hoping they'll give me a longer course of the AB that was working and maybe a steroid taper to get me over this hump where doubling up the kidney and liver processed NSAIDS is barely keeping things tolerable. I really don't want to exceed the dosing although I think people take excess of ibuprofen and naproxen fairly often without serious problems. I won't exceed the maximum on the acetaminophen though. I'm not risking my liver.

No comments: