Wednesday, January 7, 2009

whee windy ride

Shade was having a fine time acting afeard of the tumbling tumbleweeds. I loved the energy of it, and the exhilaration of the wind blowing through my helmet. Only went 3 miles, but it was FUN. I really want to grab my camera and get some pics for some photo blog ideas but I didn't get it done today. Hmm, maybe I don't really want to. But methinks it could be a bit fun and worth the time spent getting pics downloaded from the camera and uploaded to the web.

I felt bad last night and tried to give Cindy some bute. Not sure any made it into her system, she spit some out because I'd already given them hay, and I was lazy and didn't even halter her, let alone, halter, remove food from mouth, then squirt in bute+yogurt. But she was a little better this morning; and moving pretty well after I put an easy boot on her with wet roll cotton sprayed with a bit of iodine in it. I made sure to have some cotton over the back strap, I think the bruise is near a heel bulb and will probably come out the top + sure don't need to bruise the heel bulbs with the boot strap.

I have to write an ohh Ole post. I got pics, but have to download them. I thought he had learned to watch out for barbed wire, but he snagged himself today when I was riding. Has about a silver dollar sized hole in his skin, high on his back leg. I put some wonder dust on it. If the local vets weren't so pricey I might have had mom run him in --but they are, and I really don't like giving antibiotics all the time anyway. If he leaves the wonder dust and lets it scab it should heal up pretty quick. They always say dog skin is elastic and they can stitch but we have terrible luck with the lampshade collars breaking right away and that would be the only way to keep him from ripping stitches out.

No comments: