Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So this is 2009 for conservatives?

Yesterday when I went to start my car the battery was dead. My own damm fault, I fetched something from it this weekend and the overhead light didn't come on when I opened the door so I turned it on ... and left it. Well the handy dandy battery charger got it going in a few minutes so that wasn't so bad. Stopped at safeway and got mom some press and seal which she will probably get little use out of for her pic line. I'm pretty sure cutting a sleeve from a newspaper bag and a couple rubber bands would work much much better but perhaps they don't want the compression on the line. I didn't even mention it cuz its either talking to a brick wall, or get my head bit off if there is a reason. I'm not seeing any progress on her health either. And I STILL cant completely shake the feeling that she doesn't want to get to healthy and have no excuse not to try to work at her career; although she sure doesn't want to be this damm sick. Pbbbbt spellchecker, I'll use mm instead of mn if I want to.

Today when I grained I noticed poor Cindy has an abscess in her RF foot. I wanted to attend a seminar to show team spirit and was already running late so I dashed to the garage and sprayed some hoof marvel stuff on it and smeared some vasoline on it. Which really didn't want to stick because I hadn't waited for the spray to dry. Both things a pitiful attempt to soften her foot so the abscess can break open and relieve the pressure. Tomorrow I'll put a wet poultice of some sort on it. Probably just betadine/saline on cotton, but maybe I'll try potato. It just occurred to me that if I just sliced the tater instead of grating, it might stay in the boot better. OTOH, wet cotton always stays pretty good, it just doesn't always stay wet, and may not soften as quickly at potato juice, but I haven't ever got potato to stay in place to tell if it softens any better. Sometimes internet ideas sound good when you read them but they don't work out in real life applications.

Oh and I was still a teeny bit late for the seminar so 50/50 was it positive or negative to not just bag it, staying home to doctor Cindy and then grab a ride? Oh well, I'm doing that tomorrow and just working late.

No comments: