Wednesday, January 28, 2009

#*@*@*!@!* USPS -Brighton CO branch

Just charged me $21.30 for a flat rate box to an APO address. Hmmm according to the website it should have been HALF that, like I was expecting. And it was their lunch period and the staff that was working was moving slow as molasses in addition to ripping me off! GRRRRR GRRRRR GRRRRR. If my soldier doesn't contact me requesting tobacco, or special stuff I'm just using the Soldiers Agency website for a good portion of future care packages. I don't need extra aggravation in my life.

Thank you very much USPS for serving our armed forces so well --NOT! Oh well --the other VERY good reason not to go back to there is they had ET on. Yech. Of course the Obama family was mentioned in the time I was there (which was probably nearly 30 minutes!) Gag me. I have to ask some older people if it was anywhere near this bad when Kennedy was elected. I know they were a media highlight compared to other presidential families, I've heard about Caroline and pony on the white house lawn yada yada but I wasn't walking before JFK was assassinated. Thank goodness I was already pretty much tired of tv, but I may have to buy a tivo/DVR and make sure its used when I'm around. Just the commercials for the 'news' shows when moms watching sports or some drivel she's gotten into are turning my stomach.

OK, I feel better after that rant. I rode Shade this morning. Just walking, there was slippy wet snow most of the way. I was thinking I'll call this just a warm-up and ride more tomorrow but we're getting a 1-day cold front with some chance of snow overnight and thru thursday morning. But its supposed to be nice friday and saturday. I must decide how much of the MRER convention I'm doing and get signed up. I can use all the education I can get but it felt weird last year which is tempting me to only do the banquet, especially with the speaker for 2 of 3 sessions being an MD. I don't care about me right now, and doesn't seem likely an MD is going to have much info on providing best care for Shade.

No comments: