Saturday, January 10, 2009

A redneck mudroom




My christmas present to myself was a pair of shoe shelves. Of course mudroom shoes are not dress flats, and don't fit on a short shelf, but its perfect for gloves. The paper tubes are nice for getting some air inside my waterproof gloves for dunking horse hay. Ah the fun I have caring for the equines. We've been using the bookshelf for shoes for years, but it was overflowing.

Speaking of fun with horse care, I cleaned horse pens today. I did two bucket loads with the tractor and two cart loads. Dad helped me unload my first barrel of diesel, then brush-hogged some of the tumbleweeds from the 'pasture'. Not my normal vitamin H but not bad. Feels much better having had some energy on a saturday. Although there was a lot of errands I should have done today and decided they could wait so I could stay home.

No comments: