Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well at least Cindy is better

Mebbe the vasoline did some good after all, she has a little open spot above her heel bulb, up in the coronet band where I smeared vasoline and it actually stuck since it wasn't wet. This spot is higher than the wet cotton in the easyboot reaches, but I put in fresh cotton today anyway. Not having her foot dry and hard as a rock can only help with the pain. She is walking better but still waits by the feed tub and hay troughs for me to bring the food rather than wandering around. I put some cool green jelly on the open spot on the coronet band. Its got some good anti-germ ingredients, and was handy.

Ole's owie is not looking quite as big today, more quarter sized. Poor guy is either very embarrassed, or scared I'm going to take him to the vet and doesn't like me to notice the boo-boo. What a goofy mutt he is. I took a bunch of pictures yesterday and now need to find my downloader gizmo. It was not in any of the three spots I though were most likely.

Pulling hair --Mom ran water in Dukes tank last night. So it was even more full than yesterday when I decided I'd let it get good and empty since its a real pita to get out of its spot and the low was only going to be 40F so it didn't need to have water over the heating element. If it was low enough she NEEDED to run water she should have only put a few seconds worth in --its not even worth wishing she would scrub it herself, I honestly don't know if she'll EVER get back to that state of fitness and ambition. Yeah sigh sigh whine whine whine but I realized this morning that I really would rather not be practically working for the government anymore. But options are limited when I feel like I have to stay here because she cant/wont take decent care of her critters. Well I have to shake off the ennui, perhaps actually sort of keeping my exercise resolution will be slightly helpful.

No comments: