Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rode Shade this morning and ponied Grey

Only ponied Grey to the 1/2 mile corner. Then I did some faster work on Shade for 3.5 miles and led Grey home. So 4.5 miles for Shade's conditioning log and an easy mile for Grey. I need to call Dr Mike and ask him to schedule a bit more time and do a lameness eval. on Grey when he does spring teeth and shots. I think he is not quite right when he trots fast in the corral. No big obvious grade 2 or higher, with a head bob or anything but he is maybe short-striding a bit on that right side. So he may not come sound to do any more LD's. Oh well I'll still enjoy horse vacations with Naomi on him if he turns out only sound for trail-riding and no more fast trotting, and he might be fine next year.

and I was looking through my purse to see if I had a sympathy card for an endurance acquaintance, I don't know him well but he's just the nicest guy in the world and really practices excellent horsemanship, just found out he lost a horse in a tragic trailer accident. Don't drive tired folks (news report says accident happened at 5:19 am) and we really should all have beefy vehicles for the amount of trailer we have -the report says the trailer started fish-tailing and he wasn't able to correct and the trailer rolled. http://easycareinc.typepad.com/karen/2008/03/trailer-acciden.html#more

Anyway I am such a scatterbrain. I found the envelope with my traffic ticket and fine I was just paying -no contest - that I THOUGHT I had mailed on Feb 9 when I wrote the check out! Luckily when I tore the envelope open and checked the ticket the court date is Apr 11, so I still had time to go online and pay the fine and just void the check. I could have even mailed it still but I didn't want to have such a tight margin.

No comments: