Monday, April 14, 2008

pass the tums and the coffee please

Going to be that kind of a week I think. But I'll take jingled curb chains it turns around. I launched an archiving run on friday last week. It hung up on saturday + hung up all processing. The sys admin tried to fix it by making a temp directory point to an external raid directory that could handle the load. Unfortunately the library module he had to change for this is used by computers that don't see the big external disk he used, so processing remained hung up. So I'm going to be playing catchup late into the evening tonight, and probably be scrambling all week to catch up and put in more safeguards to keep future processing from getting as clobbered. Fun with computers. I'm wasting time blogging it now because the sys admin has a dr's appt so he wont be able to fix things by mounting the raid on those cpu's till 3 pm.

I rode Shade this morning. Took it very slow because she got kicked or somehow otherwise got scrapes on the back of both hind legs, right where the big ligament runs. Since I was going slow I went her looky loo direction so then I couldn't tell if she was bouncy because of the LL's or if a hind leg was weird but she went better on the way home and I didn't feel any gait hitch. Dr Mike is out on wed. for spring wellness series so I'll just ask him about it then. I put some arnica gel on it when I got back. Shade was like "No don't put any stinging stuff on me!, oh wait I think maybe this just feels good" Gotta love an expressive horse.

No comments: