Friday, April 25, 2008

dessert time

thats how to reverse being stressed right? I am so tired today and fighting a feeling of dread which I do fairly often get before a ride. I enjoy endurance riding but its not unusual that I feel like I'm not ready and especially for this first ride of the season I've got it big time. Oh well maybe I'll forget to set the alarm and wont get there in time to do the long ride.

Work has just felt so stressful this week. I've been getting my spring allergies, thank goodness I'm only affected a few weeks when trees are blooming. So started week feeling like I was getting sick till I figured out the allergies and had a really hard time concentrating and pulling things together for the wednesday meeting. I did get a few things together and was fairly happy with it but my boss thinks I'm too scatted and kind of shotgun. Well I am trying to examine multiple things I've done so its not trivial for me to focus it down, but he has a point.

And as usual, everyone 'says' they'll help you out but when asked to provide the simplest thing they disappear. Even my new boss who should want me to get things done so he'll get kudos for being an effective boss could not even bother to write me a 5 minute email to let me know the directory and example processing control file so I could implement some of his programs he's developed in my processing that he SUPERVISES. I feel like I'm slated for lay-off when no one will spend even minimal time to save me spinning my wheels or re-inventing their work. I sure hope this is just tiredness and not true foreboding.

On the plus side my mom called the big O tire store in Brighton and they had used tires the right size and she even took them in in her new car and got them mounted -all I had to do was hand her cash - so finally I can put them on the trailer this sunday and complete dads christmas gift.

No comments: