Thursday, April 10, 2008

We finally got a spring snowstorm

Its cleared up now. I neglected to get pics again. Nothing exciting anyway. We had a gentle rain last night and it turned to blowing snow by morning. Sadie and CJ were grubbing thru last nights hay. When Shade saw me feeding she started over to the fence where the feeders are and then went 'heck with this and ran back to the shed' A nice little chuckle for me. I carried a flake of hay over so she could eat w/o being pelted with the wind driven snow. She actually earns her keep so she deserves a bit of spoiling.

Too bad we didn't get this system on sunday night. My farrier would have had an easier job of trimming Grey, Sadie and Cindy. Shade gets shoes next week. I'll have to slap conditioner on her hooves over the weekend to try and keep this moisture in till tuesday. I rubbed a bit of DMSO on Calvary since I had on rubber gloves anyway for the wet. He thought was picking on him; so surprise, DMSO seems to sting a bit when applied but I feel bad about his neck being so stiff. I must remember to ask V if she'll sound out his owner about chiro work. On the plus side I think he looks like he's starting to gain a bit of weight.

No comments: