Friday, July 13, 2012

Ugh hot morning today

I had to bite my tongue when mom turned the house exhaust fan on this morning --"It feels stuffy and still inside the house"     It was already getting hot and muggy outside (gauge read 80) so pulling in that air was not going to be useful, but I just waited a little bit and then turned the fan off and closed windows.    Some ceiling fans or oscillating fans would be useful for days like today when it seems silly to turn the AC on already but it feels like this but we only get this kind of weather a few days every year, we could just run the AC or deal with the higher humidity.  

I vented a bit about my paint color, my angst over them tearing out the big trees from the strip south of the parking lot and the fact that they were sprinkling a lawn strip next to the sidewalk at noon as I drove in to the admins.  It just slays me that they put in low flow toilets but they are sprinkling the damn sidewalk in the middle of the day.   Every watering guide ever issued in this area says not to waste water by sprinkling between 10 and 4.  

Poor Lady is footsore after her trim but she seems to be getting a bit better rather than worse and L is in Europe till July 26th so she only has to walk between hay and water on soft sand for 2.5 weeks while she regrows some hoof so I think it will be OK.   I should make a note to mention it to the farrier that she gets sore after a trim so he probably needs to make a point of leaving a bit more than he has been. 

Sadie still looks pretty good without getting benedryl so I am watching and just giving her the Platinum supplements and garlic.  I rode her wednesday morning and she did pretty good again.  Feels like impatient to get home rather than on the verge of a panic attack.  There is some time and training element but I think the Benedryl was making her a bit anxious or irritable.   I sure was not getting a sedative effect which I would not have minded. 

No comments: