Monday, July 16, 2012

Two more good rides

I rode Shade last night.   A little bit short for a good training ride but I sure enjoyed it and I think she was ready to start some riding again after getting monday-saturday off after the 3-day weekend in WY.      I loff that little bay mare, but I was reminded again that she is more reactive than Sadie when they are both at their norms.

Rode Sadie this morning.   Ole was staying in the Shade near the house so I tied him there.  Saturday he was laying by the horse trailer but did not want to come with me so I just put his drag line on him -- then the little fiend went through the back fence and went wandering while I was riding.  Nice neighbors brought him back just I was preparing to go searching for him.  

 Sadie was quite good.   She made a half-hearted attempt to jump and take off running on the way home, a quarter mile after she had walked right past the discarded white  bathtub so I didn't even bother dismounting.  I guess leading her past it and encouraging her to sniff while I was keeping her safe since any monster would just settle for me on Saturday convinced her its nada to worry about.  So nice to be back to our normal.  

No comments: