Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good ride on Sadie last night

She was kind of grumpy about being asked to go out before getting her supper hay.  Did a hard duck on me at one point, I felt like she was testing me rather than just startled and made her turn a few tight circles.  Then I got off and led her past the scary packaging from a hot tub or something that someone put out in the middle of the moto-cross loop some kids built and the gun plingers like to shoot at junk for fun.   

But I never felt like she might be going to have a melt-down.   Just felt like typical young green horse resistance, and "OMG how did this new big thing get here" stuff and I'm pleased that she is back to thinking it is ok to stop and let me dismount, lead her past or over a scary thing and remount.   So I am happy.   I love that a few rides with a pocket full of treats given when I got on or off or sometimes just asked her to stop and stand was pretty much all it took to get past the "Aaack I can't stop and have you weight just one stirrup, the saddle will go under my belly and the stirrups will bang on my knee"  

I'm curious to learn the results of her allergy testing.   Her skin looks better with getting just garlic and the Platinum supplements and me not even spraying the natural fly repellent lately than it did when she was getting Benedryl and I was spraying her diligently so I think she has got to be allergic to the permethrin and/or pyrethrin in the serious sprays.   She still has some spider webbing on her rump and is getting a few new bite bumps on her neck though.   I think I will do the shots if the testing shows she is allergic to stuff that I cannot eliminate.   I sure hope she doesn't have the auto-immune genetic skin thing, but Dr Mike mentioned it but did not think it was likely when he drew the blood.  

Lady's sore feet seem to be getting gradually better.   CJ is a bit sore too.  I am watching but I don't think either is in danger of a laminitis episode from too short trimming, they are just tender after the fairy big change.   

No comments: