Monday, July 30, 2012

Short rides are better than no rides

I really should have hauled Shade out for a serious training ride over the weekend.  Instead I did about 9 miles out of the yard and did some boring repetition to get a few passes at the hill on sunday, much better than nothing but unless I get a spectacular training ride in this weekend I will have to just ride the 25 on the Aug 11-12 ride.  I'm so unfit this summer that I don't know if I could handle a long day riding a slow 50, I think I'll just have to trust that I will get to either the Labor day weekend ride or local ride end of Sept or both to get in at least one 50 for the year which has become my only serious goal.

   L was out on saturday, home from Europe and I grabbed Sadie to join her and Lady.  Sadie was good,  didn't lose her mind with a bit of cantering, Lady going off in front in a hurry near home etc.   I think we are pretty well past the angst from the saddle turning incident.   I rode Sadie again this morning and she was pretty good.   She got a little antsy with someone doing some roofing.  BTDT with Shade so even though the house being roofed was way off to the side, I cut Sadie some slack, got off and led her by the activity so I would not get nervous that she might get into the downed fence on the other side during a startle.  

Getting rain here at work.  Its too bad God can't just cut these spoiled whiny marxist yuppies out from rain and send it to the farmers; but the city is right off the foothills where rain tends to fall more. 

No comments: