Monday, July 23, 2012

At least we will have our hay now

We had to get 1/2 a stack of hay manually, went over saturday.   Grower helped load and I was practically redundant.   I only decided on saturday afternoon that I wanted to stack it near the mini's since its mostly crested wheat which I think is less rich so safer for them.  Cleaned out the area Sunday and dad and I stacked the 70 bales today.   Only took about 30 minutes,  I said "lets only go 4 bales high since we have plenty of space and I was able to get the top 2 bales on the last 2 pallets from the trailer so dad could just shove them into place.   No sense wearing ourselves out even though it was not hot yet.   OK 2 or 3 mornings to get the space in the big shed ready for the hay we will have delivered by the hay hauler with a stack mover ---wanted to move some hay stacked along a wall just to make sure he has space + remove loose hay from the floor of the shed because I think its counter productive for keeping the hay nice.  

So then I recover for a bit, go out and give the horses their grain.  That feels like a project lately with giving Sadie Platinum supps for her skin (Platinum is an apt name $$ stuff)  + giving Shade her antibiotics, as well as feeding the rest of the critters their stuff in their pens.   Plus I went around and topped off all my fly bait stations with water and a bit more of the insecticide granules.   Got all that done,  showered and dressed for work, dad is off to town for a couple quick errands and the hay hauler calls and wants to deliver in 2 hours.   I probably should have said "no we cant do that" but its not my nature to refuse a request like that just because its not convenient for me versus if it was really not possible to have the space ready in a couple of hours.


So I move some of the bales, leaving 10 right at the back corner because I figured they wouldn't be in the way and the hauler had said he could move a few bales if he couldn't get the stack in.   Dad gets home and comes out to move hay.   He tackles the 10 bales I have left getting them down to just one lengthwise base along the wall like I have stacked most of the other hay cuz I knew that left plenty of space for the experienced hauler to get his stack in and I pick up 3 carts of loose hay.   I don't think I have all the loose hay removed for 3 stacks to be set in there but I was getting hot and tired and decided it was not a necessity to remove more.   If the hauler thinks the last haystack wont set level and steady enough  he'll have to ask dad to take out a little more loose stuff between loads. 

Now I'm at work and finally starting to feel like I can stay awake and maybe even focus enough to do some mental tasks.   Its good to do some manual labor stuff once in a while to be reminded why its nice to have machines and be able to hire some things done.   Gee too bad there is not way to make leftists, especially the guilty liberal types, experience this, maybe they would stop whining about CO2 meaning we --but you proles first -- have to give up affordable energy and all the cool labor savings and nice things it gives us.  This is after they managed to spike nuclear energy with "we humans are not smart enough to manage this safely, we'll kill off our kids 11!!" 

No comments: