Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another round of "How hot and dry is it"

Its been so hot that I leave the house exhaust fan running all night because it about takes the breeze to feel like sleeping temps.

Its been so hot/dry that even the rabbits are looking skinny and heat stressed.  I could probably kill or drive off the ones that hang around our yard if I set up a bird bath on a pedestal rather than just having water in shallow dishes on the ground to try to limit the # of drowned birds in the horse troughs.   But even though I think rabbits are mostly fuzzy tailed rodents I don't feel like they are hurting anything right now.

Its been so dry that it felt like taking a big luxury to pull my mats and wash out my horse trailer interior but it was overdue.

Its been so hot and sunny that petting Mojo or Diamond (our black mini's) when they have been standing in the sun is uncomfortably hot for my hand.  

Its been so hot and dry that hay prices are crazy and folks that usually get by on pasture don't have it so a round of horses that survived 3.5 years of Obaconomy with original owner are being sold off or given away.  :(   I saw a heart tugger ad on CL.  I shouldn't click on the cheap horse ones.  I wont be able to care for mine like I want if I try to rescue others, but gosh the underweight ones get to me.  I could (money and space wise) get weight back on 1 or 2 of them but I'm such a softie I don't trust myself not to hang on to them instead of letting them go to anyone that would take them and time wise especially the care for my own lifetime horses would suffer.    Maybe I'll donate to my rescue internet friend again instead to make myself feel better.


No comments: