Tuesday, July 10, 2012

building renovations --good bad and ugly

So we are in the renovated builidng.   The good,  The offices seem to have good natural light, they are roomier than my interim office was.  Climate control is much better than it was, we have a nice big conference room and its right next to kitchenette  and copier room so that should be really convenient for meetings.  I like the colors of the carpeting and tile for the bathroom etc. 

The bad:  They took out quite a few big trees that had been on the south side of the parking lot.  I don't understand why they had to touch them, they were not close to the building.    Everything is low flow water saver again and it works just as pitifully as in the interim building. 

The ugly:  The outside entry door is cream colored.  IMO it looks like unfinished crap with the reddish gray brick exterior.   They ripped out the elm tree next to the door and I think the lilacs that had been on the other side of the steps and left and replaced with  the smelly pushy white flowered trees that *I* never cared for.   

 They have the exact same pukey green*  and pukey yellow* paint colors for some of their colors as in the interim building.  (I think its supposed to be some vegetable green and harvest gold, but IMO they both look like puke)     I was originally in an office that was to have a gray wall for 'color'  --gray is not much of a color but I figured that was fine-- I tend to choose gray shades a lot, sometimes being pleasantly surprised when a real color works out well.

Well I agreed to switch offices with someone concerned about noise and wouldn't you know it --now my office has the pukey yellow for its color wall and that is the wall I am set up to look at with how I had them place my desk.    Thank god for posters, maps, etc. and you better believe the white board and cork boards are going on that wall.   

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

You should have looked first before agreeing to anything. Have fun on your ride in Wyoming.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

I should have had the "don't volunteer" mentality and pressed for details. But it gave me a great excuse to snag a huge corkboard that some other group was discarding. I can have a wall of horse pics in a couple of weeks after it gets installed.