Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RIP Peekaboo

I finally got her buried today. I'm glad I did it but it was not pleasant, the carcass looked intact on top but was pretty decomposed when I went to pick it up. I had Dad dig an extra hole with the tractor post hole auger when he set a post to fence off the trees in the corner of the paddock from the horses. --This is to provide shade into the future. The horses will eat the trees out of boredom if they have access all the time. I took down my crappy fence on saturday so horses could eat the grass growing in that corner. Then I took off my FLAT tire which had gone from having a slow leak to having a super fast leak, replaced it with one of my snow tires so I would not have to drive on the donut spare, and went to the tire store to have it fixed before heading to work. I couldn't remember if I had gotten road hazard but they fixed it for free so I must have done. Now I must get to working even if the coffee refuses to kick in. I need to tend to my neglected network of ground base GPS sites processed for water vapor, and see if I can make a bit more progress on IDL programs today.

And should call the farm hosting the endurance clinic, but perhaps I will just not. Easier to beg for forgiveness if they are annoyed to have an auditor show up with equine in tow. I want to ride from the host ranch on friday and then maybe meet someone on sunday to ride on that side of town or just ride from the ranch again.

No comments: