Thursday, May 13, 2010

5 miles this morning.

It was sunny this morning, so warm I decided to put on a coolmax tee and l/s shirt instead of the sweatshirt I put on first thing in the morning. Next time I must grab a full sleeve length shirt for over the top. My forearms got a bit sunburnt. Shade was pretty good but she spooked at something coming home, not a horrible hard turn but she was snorting and "ooh I don't want to go on" I have NO idea what she saw. I was teasing her afterward that she must be eating locoweed and having hallucinations. Ole was pretty good. After yesterday he NEEDED to be. I think I must buy a GOOD electric collar and put it on him when I let him come with me riding, or taking him and Mia for walks. Rotten dog went down the subdivision road and attacked the chow as I was honking at him to stay on 6 and then come back to me

I was mortified. Ole even went into chow's unfenced yard after him. He has got to let go of the grudge he has from the chow and buddies jumping Ole and Mia this winter. It is insane that he keeps wanting to go after that dog now months later, and I am scared he is going to be like this with any other dog he has decided is an enemy. So I will tell parents they cannot let him roam, and buy a good rechargeable shock collar and use on him and push for fence reinforcements so he can't slip off without a lot of effort I guess. I am a big weenie and don't want to just put him down and really dont want to fight the parents on "put him down" but if he cannot be trusted to be always friendly and can't be contained all of the time there isn't really a choice.

No comments: