Sunday, May 9, 2010

9 miles saturday 5 miles sunday

Ole and I are wimps. We were both pretty tired sunday morning, after just a 9 mile ride yesterday. And Ole didn't go the whole distance but being a dog he may have gone that far checking out stuff. Ole got hot and dry again but I was prepared with a plastic dish in my camelback and the water bladder full so it was easy to give him a drink after I had turned around and got back to where he was trailing along. A little water perked him up and he went the longer way home with Shade and I instead of taking a shortcut. Then he was dragging again at the corner of our road so I offered him another small drink and led Shade the rest of the way. She was really good for eating the whole ride instead of just at the start. I hope that carries over to competitions.

Later on sunday I rode Shade and Ponied Sadie and we went 5.3 miles. Ole came too. I rode to where he could get down to water but the dumb dog didn't go down and wet his paws. Oh well he made it home and was a good couch potato the rest of the day. Sadie had some Ayrab moments. Finally some proof that she is arabian LOL.

Saturday afternoon after I recovered from my ride I cleaned Cindy's stall a bit and then let her out with a halter and lead dragging to eat grass. She is BETTER. I was coming with a curry and she thought I might put her back in right away so she went trotting a bit. VERY carefully thank goodness and didn't seem to aggravate the injured tendon. I have been applying microTek, trying to get her skin back to par after all the rubbing from being in wraps for almost 4 weeks.

It worked out well that I didn't get any riding plans made for today. Mom and dad ended up borrowing my p/u and trailer to go to a little trail ride at her riding instructor's barn. Dad found out there are shorts in his trailers wiring. Drained his p/u battery overnight from having the trailer plugged in. Well I am tired and the toothbrushes should be well sterilized so off to bed.

No comments: