Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday headache -hughesNet

Well its monday so its always hard to get back into work groove. My sinuses feel swollen again, and I was slow taking sudafed so had to add some Aleve. Talking to the hughes net support person did not help. She was very polite and scheduled a tech to contact me to come out to re-install the transmitter and set up my new modem. But she had a pronounced Indian accent and used a lot of extra polite chatter and confirming what we said and it aggravated my headache.

The clinic was great. I was struggling with catching on to some of the instructions but learned a lot and the clinician is great. I am just not wired right to pick things up in a snap and handle processing things in a group setting, and also tend to have syntax issues where I hear a word or phrase that most people take as a synonym for (ie into the rail ) and I take it as into the center. But I hopefully will remember some things when I get to ride again. If I don't make good IDL progress, or possibly even if I do I may have to wait to ride until wednesday, and then it will be the endurance ride so I hope I remember a few key bits that are helpful to Shade. I was riding with excess weight on the right side and had stretched my right leather and had to 'punch' a hole to even my stirrups saturday night. It felt better on sunday and I have some visualizations to balance my seat bones side to side and now I least know that I should check myself and correct if I'm heavy on the right seat bone and stirrup.

Lots of folks commented on how cute Shade was, she was licking and chewing when I would stretch into downward transitions correctly and of course she has a cute dished face and is a cute little horse anyway. Sometimes I feel like an oaf riding her, but she manages and hopefully now I will do better with my balance and make that easier for her.

No comments: